Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable booking fee of 25% of the total amount will confirm your booking, as well as full acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as published here. It is expected that you have fully read and understood the Terms and Conditions. The booking fee will be deducted from the cost of The Client’s chosen package when calculating the final balance due.
- Payment in full of the remaining balance will be due no later than four weeks before the agreed date of the photography.
- Additional goods ordered must be paid for in full at the time of ordering.
- Titles to all goods remains with Joe Blatherwick Photography until paid for in full by The Client.
2. License, Coverage and Reproduction:
- Photographs taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of Joe Blatherwick Photography although every effort will be made to comply with The Client's requirements.
- Joe Blatherwick Photography shall be granted artistic license in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used. Joe Blatherwick Photography’s judgement regarding these matters shall be deemed correct.
- Joe Blatherwick Photography shall endeavour to photograph all individuals and scenarios as requested by The Client, but no responsibility will be taken by Joe Blatherwick Photography on the occasion of not being able to capture a particular individual or scenario.
- For a wedding booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer’s movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer’s choice and Joe Blatherwick Photography cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
- Some photographs may not be possible due to weather conditions and the availability and willingness of subjects.
- Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colours may alter throughout a set of photographs.
- Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, Joe Blatherwick Photography will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
3. Meals and refreshments
For full day coverage a meal/lunch is much appreciated please if working over 8 hours.
4. Personal Accident:
Any directions issued to The Clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk. Joe Blatherwick Photography cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot.
5. Number of Images
Although Joe Blatherwick Photography will do their best to produce more images than discussed with The Client, there is no guarantee that any particular number of images will be produced. All images presented to The Client are a FINAL SELECTION. Any other images will not have passed our quality control and therefore will not be processed or released to the client.
6. Image Editing & Retouching
Joe Blatherwick Photography will hand-edit all images to a high professional standard. All images will be edited with a pleasing colour balance but exact colour matching cannot be guaranteed owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially in man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record photographically the exact colour as seen by the human eye. Joe Blatherwick Photography will (as a minimum) perform a standard amount of retouching to take the photographs to a quality which is considered appropriate.
7. Image Backup
Images will be supplied via digital means as an online gallery containing download files. It should be noted that you are strongly advised to immediately copy/backup your photographs to a suitable computer/storage device. Digital media has a limited lifespan therefor any storage device cannot be guaranteed indefinitely. Also, please note that Joe Blatherwick Photography is under no obligation to keep copies of your images once released.
8. Copyright and Digital Files
Images are protected by the Copyright and Design Act 1988. It is understood that Joe Blatherwick Photography retains the copyright and ownership of these images at all times throughout the world. It is understood that Joe Blatherwick Photography reserves the right to use the images for display, publication, social media, websites or other purposes. It is an offense to display these images in public or offer them for publication or sale without prior consent from Joe Blatherwick Photography.
9. Licensing of digital files
Joe Blatherwick Photography grants a non-exclusive licence and permission to The Client for personal reproduction of the images contained within the digital download gallery under the following conditions:
With regards to wedding and family photography The Client is granted the right to print, copy, and display the digital images for personal use and for sharing with family and friends.
- With regards to wedding and family photography the use of the images for any commercial purposes is strictly prohibited, unless otherwise agreed with Joe Blatherwick Photography. The Client may not sell in whole or in part any of the images.
- The Client may not assign or sell this license. Wedding and family images are not to be shared with other commercial businesses including other wedding suppliers without Joe Blatherwick Photography's consent. If wedding suppliers ask The Client for images The Client must please direct them to Joe Blatherwick Photography.
- The images may not in any way be modified without Joe Blatherwick Photography’s consent. No derivative works are to be made from the images without Joe Blatherwick Photographys consent.
10. Photographer Cancellation
In the unlikely event that Joe Blatherwick Photography has to cancel the appointment for reasons beyond their control, their liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. Where possible a new shoot date will be offered, or an attempt will be made to procure the services of another professional photographer.
11. Client Cancellation
In the event that The Client cancels the photography services, the booking fee will be forfeit. However, where possible this fee may (at The Photographer's discretion) be transferred to an alternative date.
- If The Client cancels the photography services earlier than three months prior to the agreed date, Joe Blatherwick Photography agrees to refund any additional monies paid by the client towards their balance, excluding the booking deposit, and services / products that have already been delivered.
- Cancellation of the photography services within three months of the agreed date will result in 50% of the final balance being due.
- Cancellation of the photography services within one month of the agreed date will result in the full balance been due.
12. Force Majeure or Act of God
Joe Blatherwick Photography makes every effort to produce the highest quality photographs possible, including using professional grade equipment, professional grade backup equipment, and making multiple backup copies of images. However, in the unlikely event of total photographic failure, injury or sickness beyond The Photographer's control, liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. The limit of liability shall not exceed the agreed contract price. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals. Your statutory rights are not affected. Joe Blatherwick Photography has full Public Liability, and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
13. Limitation of Liability
In the unlikely event that Joe Blatherwick Photography is unable to perform to the guidelines of the agreement due to an injury, illness, act of God, act of terrorism, or other cause beyond the control of Joe Blatherwick Photography, we will make every effort to secure a replacement. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the contracted event. In the unlikely event that digital files have been lost, stolen, or destroyed for reasons beyond Joe Blatherwick Photography control, including but not limited to camera, hard drive, or equipment malfunction, Joe Blatherwick Photography’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the contracted event.